David Gordon Green to remake Suspiria


NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! 

OK, now that that's out my system, let me tell you about David Gordon Green's (Pineapple Express, Your Highness) plan to remake the horror classic, Suspiria
Let me start off by saying that I think this is an absolutely awful idea and who ever thought of it should be shot. Harsh? Yes, deservedly so. Why, just why, would a director, like David Gordon Green, ever in a million years, ever even think of remaking Dario Argento's masterpiece? Is this some kind of cruel joke?

Personally, I thought Pineapple Express was....awful (sorry stoners). Could this be because of my burning hatred for James Franco? Yeah, that's probably why. And just by watching the trailers I can tell Your Highness will be even worse. 



Right now, this whole Suspiria business is just a rumor, and hopefully one that will end up not being true.

How could you ever have a Suspiria without a soundtrack by Goblin? Without the classic, iconic theme song? Without the master Dario Argento behind the camera calling the shots?  

With a film like Suspiria, I feel like a director, such as David Gordon Green, who isn't experienced in the genre, won't do it justice, and Suspiria is a film that, if remade, better be done correctly.  Personally, I would love to see a Ti West Suspiria, I think he's one of the few people who could do it justice. But we'll have to see what Mr. Green can do, but let it be known that I have no faith in this remake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger