Yet another Wolfman reboot in the works

"Universal is out to writers for what they're calling a period piece reboot (again) of George Waggner's classic 1941 film starring Lon Chaney Jr. as The Wolf Man.

The only details I have is that it's supposed to start a fresh direct-to-disc franchise like what they're doing with Death Race, although their direction is still unconfirmed.
" (via Bloody Disgusting)

So it seems that The Wolfman will once again be getting a reboot.

Unlike most fans I've talked to, I enjoyed the Benicio Del Toro Wolfman. I thought it had an overall darkness that really worked for the story of a tortured man turned into a hellish beast. 

Well, despite what I think, the series is getting a period piece reboot that will apparently be direct-to-DVD. I don't really have as much faith in direct-to-DVD horror like 2001 Maniacs as I do in direct-to-DVD action like Undisputed III: Redemption, but we'll have to see how they manage to make yet another Wolfman movie without seeming completely unoriginal and repetitive. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger