Does Fright Night 3D have what it takes to revive the 80's vampire film?


When I first heard the news of Fright Night 3D, I was extremely skeptical.

The original Fright Night tells the tale of Charlie Brewster, an average high school kid living in a painfully average suburban area. When the vacant house next door  is inhabited by the mysterious Jerry, Charlie knows something strange is going on. Charlie and his friend, Evil Ed, come to the conclusion that Jerry is a vampire and soon discover he is after Charlie's mother and girlfriend. They enlist the help of TV vampire hunter Peter Vincent and confront the unholy beast.

Fright Night is by far my favorite vampire film of all time because of how well done the story and characters are, so, like most fans, it made me very nervous to see a remake in the works. I was getting sick and tired of these unoriginal remakes that ruin films like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

However, last night I watched the newly released trailer for Fright Night 3D and was pleasantly surprised.

The film actually looks, well, it looks good! 

 Colin Farrell looks great as Jerry, Anton Yelchin looks great as Charlie and I can't think of a more perfect modern day Evil Ed than the one that Christopher Mintz-Plasse plays. The only character I haven't seen yet is David Tennant's Peter Vincent, but I definitely have faith.

So, Fright Night 3D actually looks like a good 80's remake, and it's a about damn time they stop messing up my favorite films.


1985trailer



2011 trailer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger